Thursday 10 April 2014

Aztec Flower


'Aztec Flower' is my latest design motivated by the OTTBS monthly challenge for March 2014.  I love pattern and prints - so immediately drew inspiration from Aztec Civilisation - their jewelry uses the mediums of Copper and Turquoise.  As in most creative processes - this design started out as a multidimensional circular inspired geometric art focal - except the beads had other plans!  It blossomed into this beautiful design ..........and perhaps more symbolically made links with the religious sacrifices of the Aztec Flower war.

Beading groups are a great source of inspiration.  As a member of the online Operation Tackle that Bead Stash group my creativity has evolved/mutated and I have made valued friendships within the group.  I already have plans for this months Challenge.  However, I am currently beavering away on designs for the blog hop reveal next week.


Saturday will often see me at a local bead group.  The North East Beading Buddies are scheduled to meet this Saturday, 2pm to 5pm, at Knotty Hill golf club in Sedgefield.  Meets are relaxed - Vera will be doing a demo this time - but you are welcome to bring your own project.

No comments:

Post a Comment