Saturday 13 January 2018

Happy New Year - reflecting back on 2017 (part 1)

Last year saw me publish 5 designs and one article in BEAD & jewellery magazine.

Two Hearts Connect! was first published in issue 76.  The Soutache design was inspired by the romantic notion that two hearts connect but the individual personalities are retained.  The Sea Sediment Jasper hearts were sourced from Silver Orchid Beads as a bead fair special.   The use of picasso seed beads with pansy/brown soutache cords gives a rustic and wearable design.

Iridescence of a Peacock was first published in issue 77.  The tutorial for peacock pendant outlines step by step how I created one of the components in the tail feathers of the Battle of the BeadSmith 2016 design.  I love how this design combines peyote with RAW, CRAW and St.  Petersburg stitches.



Shibori Butterfly was first published in issue 78.  The Shibori Butterfly was featured on a handbag I designed for the Stitchncraft Butterfly Challenge (summer  2016).  Issue 79 saw me write about the silver clay workshop I did at The Big Bead Show.  I created 3 sweet doves using wall paper to texture.


Duo to Tango was first published in issue 81.  This design combines Tango beads, True 2s and DiamonDuos.  I enjoyed designing this as the orientation of the two holes in Tango beads can make them a challenge to work with.  After lots of experimentation arrived at this intermediate right angle weave design.  Honeycomb Jewel Star was first published in issue 82.  As soon as these faceted beads were released on the market - they said Christmas to me and the bauble cover was designed.  This cute star component would work well as festive earrings too. 






No comments:

Post a Comment